2 T olive oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 t tumeric
1 pound dried lentils, rinsed (I used half brown and half green lentils)
2 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 15 oz cans whole or chopped tomatoes and their juice
1/2 t dried savory
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t dried thyme
1/2 t dried basil
1 bay leaf
a pinch of cayenne pepper
black pepper and salt to taste
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. Add chopped veggies, garlic and tumeric and sautee about 5 minutes til everything softens. Add all the other ingredients plus 7 cups of water, stir and bring to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook about 45 minutes. Season to taste and enjoy! Serves 10.
3 comments:
I'll try your recipe of dried lentils this week. lentils are high in fiber and contain high of six minerals as well as B-vitamins, and protein. I love legumes! Thanks for sharing that recipe!
Thank you! Will try this one.
I love lentils so I will be trying this recipe soon.
Post a Comment