This morning we woke up to a new world record here in Belgium - for 249 days since our last election seven political parties have been trying to form a government without success.It's the longest any country has ever taken. And at the moment it doesn't look like they are any closer to forming a government than they were last summer. If anything, it seems even more hopeless, as all the politicians keep blaming the other side for the lack of progress. No one wants to step up and "be a hero" as Dr. Phil would tell them they need to do.
Aside from that, the country just keeps bumbling along with the government that was in place before the elections, everyone is sick of seeing all the same faces on the news every evening, and there will probably be elections to look forward to again this summer.
7 comments:
I've heard it on the news this morning. Not something to be proud of I think. I hope they will form a government soon because this does your country more damage than good I think.
There is a political instability in Italy too. I think that general elections are expensive and don't eliminate the tensions.
Wow. I thought we were in a mess with our coalition government! That sounds very frustrating.
We had a similar thing happen last year but it didn't go on for anywhere near as long. The election was really even and in the end it came to the decision of three men. We had to listen to squabbling, and bickering and name-calling. It was just like a group of petulant children who hadn't gotten their way
Wow! That is amazing. As with schools I am interested in others' politics too!
I cannot stand the politicians. I would come back to the roman cursus honorum: no money for them!
So, this is a delay in election? Or forming a new government?
Either way, sigh!!!
Post a Comment