Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back!

A relaxing five days in Germany where we did lots of walking and hiking, ate very well and other than that, just enjoyed the peace and quiet (we practically had the hotel to ourselves). We were in the area of Germany called the "Vulkaneifel", where there are a lot of geological formations created from the prehistoric volcanic activity that took place there, and lots of trails to hike. I took my Garmin with me to keep track of our kilometers but mostly to be able to enjoy looking at the maps of where we walked on my computer - what a modern souvenir! Here is a walk we did from our hotel to a dolomite formation in Gerolstein called the "Auberg" and then into town for lunch:



When I get a bit more organized I'll put some pictures up!

5 comments:

Giorgio said...

I know that German food is very good :) Glad you enjoyed walking and hiking! Did you take photos? I'm curious because I love Germany.
Have a nice weekend!

Lori said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Liz said...

Missed your blogging, but it sounds as though you had a great time! Welcome back!

Fran said...

Welcome home Amy.

Sounds like a relaxing vacation.
Look forward to the pictures.

Don´t forget to sign in for the Singelloop okay?

Ewa said...

You know how envious I get when people travel. They say the world is small but I think I would need several lifetimes to see all I want to see and those geological wonders you saw just made it to my 'gotta visit' list.