We are having summer weather in April and I am loving it! Stefaan and I set off this morning at 10, and it was already plenty warm enough for a tank top. Unfortunately my Garmin's battery was already low when I tried to start it up, so I decided to leave it at home - we were going to run one of our usual routes and so I didn't really absolutely need to have it. It was kind of strange at first not to be able to keep tabs on my pace, but it felt very relaxing, which is exactly the kind of run we had. Just what I need before going to the in-law's for the day... We ended up doing my 7.2 km route (to the water fountain at the lake and back) in 52 minutes. Felt great!
The only thing I wished I had done differently? Wore shorts instead of capris! I think I am going to sneak out tomorrow for one more "hot" run before the weather cools down again on Tuesday, just so I can run in a tank top AND shorts - in April!
Have a happy, sunny Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice to get some good weather for a while. I'm still running in shorts and a singlet - it just hasn't cooled down enough for even a t-shirt.
I hope you and your family have a happy Easter
I think we may have spring finally this week. Can't wait to wear shorts. I ranwo my Garmin for the lst time (during a hm). it was very strange.
I'm officially jealous of your amazing weather :)
I agree, sometimes, going without the garmin can be liberating.
Happy Easter!
I think sometimes it's good to run without a Garmin but I do prefer to run with it.
I don't even have shorts for running. Will be running in my capri's tomorrow too. I don't sweat very heavily and I've run in hotter weather in my capri's.
Enjoy the weather tomorrow.
Ha ha. Just what I need before going to the in-law's for the day... - I can understand that!
I think doing a Garmin-less run is a good idea. I should try it :)
Post a Comment