Sunday, April 10, 2011

Great Day for a 10K

We had to get up very early to drop our oldest off at school for his trip to Poland...but still I waited til 10 am to get out for my run - I wanted it to be warm enough so I could just go in a short sleeve shirt and capris! It was awesome weather - perfect for running. I was feeling great so I decided to combine a couple of loops around the lake with once around the Finnish track, which added up to 10 kilometers altogether!



This afternoon we'll be heading to the Botanical Gardens in our town to take photographs for our youngest's communion. And then start getting ready for our little trip to Germany. It will be strange to travel with just the three of us!

Have a happy Sunday!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a great 10K...Spring has finally arrived here in Québec and I can't wait to be able to finally RUN without a jacket! :)

Fran said...

Awesome time Amy. I need to work on speed otherwise I won't keep up with you in October :)

It's certainly a beautiful day. Saw lots of runners when walking Bella and almost went again myself but my legs are still stiff from yesterday's run.

Have a great time in Germany!

Ewa said...

Oh, a trip to Poland? Did he go with a group? Didn't they need a guide (like moi?). :-)
Where will you be in Germany?
Gosh, sometimes I miss Europe so much. It is small enough that one can just hop on the plane and go to another country for the weekend.

ajh said...

Sounds like a good run. Enjoy your trip to Germany. It is odd when one child is missing when you do something. Of course when they grow up it is often like that. :(

Darlene said...

Nice run! It's so nice that you can go from one country to another.

Liz said...

I did the same this morning - I would normally run at about 7am, but I waited until the sun was in full glory at 10am - lovely!

Giorgio said...

Great 10 km!
I will be looking forward to reading about your trip in Germany!

Lori said...

Nice run!

I love botanical gardens - enjoy :D

Char said...

Great run Amy! Doesn't it make a difference when the weather's good. I'm finding my running is improving daily as the temperature drops.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip.
10 km with warm weather and in a beautiful place: the best spot for running!