Our GP examined Felix this morning and also thought his symptoms seemed worrying enough to send us on to the hospital, but after blood tests and a sonogram, it turns out the appendix looked okay but the last section of his small intestine was inflamed, and a bunch of lymph nodes around the appendix were swollen, which were causing the symptoms. What a relief when we realized he wasn't going to have to have surgery!
We spent four hours at the hospital and were sent home with orders to take it easy for the next few days. No problem!
I will say, this experience once again confirms for me how awesome the health care system here in Belgium is - high quality, low cost and very accessible. We have a great small hospital in our town where we are very well taken care of. It just drives me CRAZY when Belgians complain about their health care system - if only they knew how it was in other countries, they wouldn't dare. I personally find it one of the best things about living here.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Now I'm going to curl up on our old sofa (before we dump it in the container on Friday) and hang out with my kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Glad he's ok. You must be relieved.
I'm so glad that Felix doesn't need surgery and he is ok.
Great news!
This is great news.
Oh, and don't start me on the health care systems... please don't.
So good to hear that all's well.
Glad to hear everything turned out ok!
I am so sorry I am getting to this news so late. I am releaved to hear Felix is okay!
Post a Comment