Out for my Sunday run and what a burst of color! Even the lilacs are blooming, which seems rather early but I love all the colors I saw today. My legs felt slow - probably all the hiking up and down hills last week combined with no running at all - but it felt good and I got 9.2 km in an hour's time, which was a comfortable, easy pace. I am very excited as I signed up today for the Breda Singelloop 15 K on October 2 this fall, which I am going to run with Fran! It will be my first race with Fran, my first race in the Netherlands and my first 15K, so I am really looking forward to it!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Spring has sprung!
Out for my Sunday run and what a burst of color! Even the lilacs are blooming, which seems rather early but I love all the colors I saw today. My legs felt slow - probably all the hiking up and down hills last week combined with no running at all - but it felt good and I got 9.2 km in an hour's time, which was a comfortable, easy pace. I am very excited as I signed up today for the Breda Singelloop 15 K on October 2 this fall, which I am going to run with Fran! It will be my first race with Fran, my first race in the Netherlands and my first 15K, so I am really looking forward to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
The 15K sounds great! Nice picture.
I'm sure you and Fran will have a blast running together.
About Spring...not sure I know what that is ;)
Amy, I am so envious of you being able to see color while out for your Sunday run! I may go for a walk later today if the snow storm subsides a bit! The only color I see right now is white!
Such a pretty bunch of lilacs!
Well Fran definitely needs to work on her pace the next 6 monts :) you are getting to fast for me girl!
It was a great day for running today.
I look forward to our race too.
Sounds like a good plan. We have a 15k in Nov that I may try. Love the pic. It's cold & rainy here!
Beautiful sunny day here too - three cheers for spring!
Lilacs don't do well in SF Bay area. I miss them every spring, no kidding. We used to have a huge bush in MA. Oh, the aroma...
Enjoy your spring.
You have power in those feet...great pace...:)
Love the signs of spring here as well...we got lots of white and yellow flowers.
You're in such a great position over in Belgium. You can just pop across the border (or two) and do a race in a different country. If I want to race in another country I need to hop on a plane and fly for at least three hours. I'm assuming that your race in Holland is flat.
Post a Comment