Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hot Yoga

Today we are in the tail end of a little heat wave here in Belgium - no biggie for those of you in Texas or Florida, but for us it's pretty warm. And very humid. And I did I mention muggy?
Anyhow, what was supposed to be a running day, turned into a "hot yoga" day! I put my mat down in the coolest part of my house (the living room) and did about 20 minutes before I got too sweaty and gave up. Oh well...
Luckily we are supposed to get big storms in this evening and things will cool off. So tomorrow I can go to the gym, as planned.
I also started with the Eat To Live eating plan this week - a good time of year to do this, as it calls for big salads and lots of raw veggies and fruit. I actually woke up really early and went out in the garden to pick raspberries at 6 am before it got too hot - and then enjoyed them in a smoothie for breakfast! Yum!

9 comments:

KatyShops said...

Ugh...I know what you mean! It has been an awfully hot and muggy summer here...even for Georgia standards! Hang in there!

Fran said...

Is it raining there yet? We had a little bit of rain but it only got warmer and more humid after that. I can't handle these temperatures very good, at least not here in Holland and can't wait for it to cool down.

Your eating plan sounds great and delicious.

Amy said...

No, Fran, same here - we had a bit of rain this morning, but no more and it is just beastly hot out right now. Like an oven when we walk out the door. Me too - just waiting for it to cool down!

Ewa said...

And to think I have to go to my yoga studio to do hot yoga. It is not humid though. :)
It's crazy, we might have rains here (not a normal thing this time of year).
Our blackberries are yummy now. Can't get enough of them. I should plant some raspberry bushes.

Liz said...

Not too hot in Scotland, and we had rain all day yesterday! It's a good climate for working out, as long as you can put up with rain, snow, wind and the cold (I can't)!

ajh said...

Love love love raspberries. I don't know if I could put them in a smoothie.

Char said...

I thought from the title that you'd gone to Bikram yoga - not yoga at home in the coolest part of the house. And I thought that Europe was always cool.

Anne said...

Yum!!!! :)
Yeah...humidex is extra high these days here in Québec too!

Anonymous said...

Raspberries..... good!!!!
Here it's hot and humid, hard time to run.