Mom and I got out to run on Monday, Wednesday and today - I took her to the Finnish track and the trail around the lake. She prefers the lake because of the nice bathrooms and water fountain! Can't say I blame her...
Tuesday I took Mom and Dad to visit Gent, a beautiful Flemish city (pictures above). It was rainy and windy but we didn't mind - we enjoyed ourselves.
Last night we hosted a dinner party with some good friends, tonight we are invited out by some other friends and Saturday my sister-in-law is having us out for chocolate fondue. I think we will take it easy on Sunday!
Other than Tuesday, we have been having beautiful weather, which has been awesome. Feels like the middle of summer here. Definitely tank top running weather...
Hope you all are having a good week - I am hoping for a bit of downtime to catch up on blogs but first I have to make some chocolate chip cookies for the people we will be seeing tonight - they are their son's favorite and I would hate to disappoint him! Have a great weekend!
13 comments:
Hi Amy, I love those photos! Just somewhere I hope I will still get one day. I am disappointed about Comrades but luckily I've done it before and have many other goals still this year. So I suck it up and focus on the next goal. I will be there next year again for sure. Have a great weekend!
Cute pictures! I am glad you guys are having a nice time!
You've had some great days. I was looking through old photos today because I needed some for my special post tomorrow and I found some of Gent too, been there once.
The weather is really beautiful these days, am enjoying it too.
Running wiht your mom - how cool!
How great to be able to run with your Mum. nice pictures! Enjoy the weekend too!
Hi there, like your blog, being a little over 40 myself the name of yours sort of leapt off the screen at me! I'll put you on my bloglist.
I love the pics. Enjoy your time with your mom.
Sounds like a great time is had by all :) I love that you go for runs with your mom!
Gent looks like a very nice city, I think I will take the time to visit it when I come back to Brussels (I see the distance is only 55 km).
Glad you had nice time.
Congrats to the running mom (and to her daughter of course).
It sounds like you're having a holiday at home. Those pictures are lovely. So nice you can run with your Mum.
You are missed, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do...so have fun and blogging can wait.
Lovely photos! It sure sounds like you have been busy :D
This is good kind of busy. It is hard to live far away from one's family so enjoy your time and don't worry about the bloggy world. We are here.
BTW, it looks chilly there. We are on the cold side here too. Very unusual for this time of year.
Post a Comment