Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Procrastination...

Oh, I was being so lazy and slow this morning! But I finally had to get off my chair and put my running shoes on and get out the door, or it wasn't going to happen. And that wouldn't be good, since I had 7 easy kilometers on my schedule today, and no free days later in the week to make it up.
So off I went. And it was actually perfect running weather, and there were actually other runners out at the lake (which I used to avoid during the week because it creeped me out to run there alone), and there were some good songs on my Ipod.
And then when I got back home my neighbor, Werner, was out in his front garden, and he asked me if I had "run a little" and I said, yes, 7 km! And I showed him my Garmin which he thought was very interesting and wanted to know all about it.
And now I'm showered and feeling happy and ready to tackle the rest of my day... and oh so glad I didn't skip my run!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Great start to the day indeed :)
It's always such a nice feeling of accomplishment isn't it?
BTW, thanks for your feedback on my last post...I appreciate it.

Fran said...

Good for you for going out. I had to do 7 easy K too this morning but ended up doing 4.8K. Legs are still sore from the bridges in Amsterdam last Sunday. Definitely not used to that.

Enjoy the rest of your day, you worked hard and now you can relax.

Giorgio said...

The most important thing is that you felt good and enjoyed both the 7 km training and the prefect running weather!

Ewa said...

Good job, Amy. Can you imagine how awful you would feel had you not gone for that run? I am glad you did it.
Now, being inspired by you, off I go for my run, which I don't feeling like doing after a late night date yesterday with some of my girlfriends.

Karin said...

Congratulations on just 'doing it'. You ran, and it is done. Now you can enjoy your day, and not regret missing your run.
Have a wonderful day!

Char said...

It's funny how we never regret having a run but always regret missing one. And it's funny how a nice run can just be the highlight of the day.

ajh said...

Nice to be feeling so happy!
The Tour De Farm had an entry fee like a race that went for something. Isn't it awful I don't know what?