Remember this outfit, last worn in April this year? Well, I was able to wear it again today...
Remember those 4 easy kilometers I was supposed to do on Tuesday? Well, I decided to do them this afternoon, so that I could...
remember what it feels like to run when it's 79 F/26 C!
I went out after lunch and took it slow and easy. It felt good to be in the sun but it was definitely hot. I went over to the Finse Piste where there was a lot of shade. I even stopped to talk to a school teacher I knew who was there with her class, so I got a chance to rest a bit halfway.
I did two loops on the Finnish track and then headed home again, for 28 minutes total. I'm glad I went as it reminded me how it feels to run in the heat and made me think about how I am going to make sure I hydrate very well in the next three days. And rethink my choice of race outfit - I might just have to take my running shorts with me instead of capris on Sunday!
I will be going to Breda by train. I'll have to switch trains in Mechelen (B) and Roosendaal (NL). I'm looking forward to it (going to bring a good book to read) but I don't really want to sit in my running shorts for 2 hours in the train, and I don't want to wear my stinky running clothes home in the train, so that means I'll need to change - and think carefully about what to bring.
9 comments:
Well, you know I remember that outfit! I hope it cools down a bit for your race. Have a great time! :)
That's the perfect outfit for Spring! And it's Spring over here so it must be perfect.
I remember your outfit for spring :) Great photo of you!
Have a good time|
I REMEMBER
Good luck!!!!
Have a great trip and a great race! Oddly enough, I'll be coming IN to Mechelen this weekend - taking the kids to the Technopolis :)
I think that was a very clever "remember" run to do. I've had issues with heat a few times now and "reminding" the body certainly helps to deal with it better. All the best for the race and enjoy!
I did a test run around lunch time today too to see what it would be like running in this weather. It was hot and not pleasant. I'm glad I'm with you Sunday because it's going to be tough.
I'm going to check out how to get there tomorrow. Maybe I'll drive first and take a train a station before Breda to avoid traffic in Breda but I have to check that.
See you on Sunday.
Perfect outfit for spring. Great photo.
Love the outfit and you loo great. The train trip sounds good with the good book. I'm jealous!
Post a Comment