Sunday, May 27, 2012

At Last!

At last - we have some beautiful summer weather!  At last - I've gotten two runs in!

Yesterday I did a quick 4 km on the Finnish track - the good thing is that it is very shady there.  But it was still pretty warm and I don't think I am quite used to it yet.

This morning Stefaan and I did 7 together but with the warm weather and sun we ended up walking a lot, which is okay.  The good thing about walking is that you can converse much better than when running - at least for me this is true.  We probably should have left earlier to beat the heat, but as usual we were puttering around.  Oh well...  

This afternoon we are heading to the in-laws for a belated mother's day and an early father's day visit with them...have a great Sunday everyone!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for warm weather! I have not quite got used to it yet either. I am taking it slow this year :)

Have a fun day with your in-laws!

Char said...

Nice to hear that you've got some nice weather for a change. Summer's just around the corner so you should be getting more of those kinds of days.

ajh said...

Oh smart to cover Mother's Day and Father's Day in one visit. Glad to hear your weather is nice.

Johann said...

Good weather just makes it better. We are still waiting for the first cold front to hit us for winter.

Fran said...

I am enjoying the warmer weather too, especially now it's not extremely hot anymore. But running still is torture in this weather for me :)

Enjoy the extra day off.

Liz said...

It's SO hard to run in this heat, especially when it has arrived so suddenly. I'm actually glad that it's supposed to cool down this week, so I can get a long run in!

Amy said...

Isn't it funny - we were all so happy to get some nice weather and now we are just looking forward to it cooling down again! Fickle, aren't we? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Walking or running is the same. The most important thing is to enjoy a workout outdoor.

Giorgio said...

Spring weather is really good in Europe!

While I'm walking I can see a lot of things, such as landmarks, buildings, landscape. I can't see those things while I'm going by car or motorbyke. That's why I hate car and motorbyke!


walking makes you feel good!

Ewa said...

Our weather has been on the cool side, which for this time of year is actually quite nice. I hope it stays this way.