We had great seats. Jef has what you would call in Dutch "pretoogjes" - eyes that sparkle with fun, and it was clear that he was having a lot of fun last night.
He played Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", "Variations on I've Got Rhythm", and "Rialto Ragtime" as an encore. Rhapsody in Blue is an amazing piece of music (if you've ever flown United Airlines you've heard bits of it - it's the music they play while you are boarding the plane) - here is an old recording with Gershwin himself performing it:
The parts where it sounds like the pianist is having the most fun are actually incredibly difficult to play!
So after getting to bed much later than usual for me (but for a very good reason!), this afternoon I have the Ladies Run 10 K to do here in Leuven - so it's turned out to be a busy weekend. More on that tomorrow probably... Have a good Sunday!

4 comments:
I truly love Gershwin but for some reason I don't have anything of his on my running list of music. My running collection is not your typical, beat keeping music.
Hope you had a good run today.
I also have some "not typical" music on my player (Michael Nyman for example) but I don't know that Gershwin would actually be great to run to - perhaps worth a try???
I love Gershwin. We have a CD of his music played by the San Francisco Symphony. You must have had a wonderful night.
Good luck with your 10k.
Glad you have had a great night of music.
Post a Comment