Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to business as usual

I made it to the gym today, finally! Yay! It was so good to get back. No rain, no wind, no dog poo to navigate around, a bathroom in close proximity, a holder for my water bottle that is not attached to my body, and my Mp3 loaded with some new songs (anyone out there remember Thomas Dolby getting blinded by science?)....what more could I possibly desire? It was great!

I was going to run 5 km on the treadmill at an easy pace and then I got going and decided to do 6, which took 42 minutes. I think I am going to adjust some of the distances on my training program to be just a little bit longer, as when I originally wrote it, my favorite "normal workout" distances were 5 and 7 km, which I feel like I am starting to outgrow.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Great job on doing the extra 1K. Gradually tacking on some extra here and there will add up and really start improving your endurance.

J said...

SCIENCE!!
Yes, sometimes the treadmill can be quite handy. You have that nice tray for all your stuff and you don't have to drag a rollerboard behind you on your run filled with your water and other running essentials.
Great job on the workout!