Got myself up to the gym right when they opened and did 40 minutes on the elliptical. I really enjoy the elliptical, it seems like a fun, carefree workout compared to the pounding and seriousness of running.
I was a bit nervous about my strength exercises, because the machines often stress me out. Luckily it was not busy at all in the gym, that helps when you are feeling insecure! I had a little trouble working the new leg press machine, but finally figured it out and did 2x 15 reps at 60 kg. Then with dumbbells I did chest press on the bench, stationary lunges, and bent over arm raises. Then the lat pulley machine (that one doesn't intimidate me so much, I know how to use it!) at 20 kg. Then back to the bench and the dumbbells for a tricep extension. Finally I could lie down on the mat! Just two ab exercises: a medicine ball crunch and a twist crunch, and I was done - yay!
Hope everyone has a good weekend - we'll be doing 6 loops around the lake this Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to tell you how proud I am of you! I know how nervous you get about the weights in the gym. You are definitely overcoming physical AND mental obstacles!!
Post a Comment