Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday: not so easy to get going!

My plan for today was an easy run of 30 minutes, but I really did not feel like doing it, because I have a lot of stuff to do to get prepared for the monthly weight loss group I am leading, which starts tomorrow. But I knew it would bug me if I didn't follow through with what I had planned (plus I wouldn't have anything to write in this blog!) I felt more like going to the gym, but if I just do my run outside in the neighborhood it saves me the 20 minutes just getting there and back. So I was doing some mental waffling back and forth while stalling by cleaning up the kitchen and making the healthy snack I'll be offering the group tomorrow.

Stefaan had gone for his run earlier, and said it was actually a very pleasant temperature to run in, so after I was done in the kitchen, I decided to bite the bullet and just do it! I started out running to the school, which is exactly one kilometer, so I would have an idea of my pace - it took almost exactly 7 minutes. Then I just kept going, making up a route as I went along until I had done 30 minutes. So I am guesstimating that I did about 4 km. I arrived back home hot and sweaty, but happy and relieved to have gotten my run in. Now I can get all my work done with a clear conscience!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Checkout www.mapmyrun.com
You can do this after your run to see how far you went or before to plan out a route. It brings up a map and you can click to draw your running route, display distance in miles or km. I think it can do a lot more also, but I haven't tried out many features.

J said...

Aren't you glad you went? Mark and I say we have never done a workout where you end up saying, "gee, I wish I wouldn't have done that."

Cindy said...

Sometimes the hardest part of working out is just getting your foot out the door!