Yesterday, Stefaan and I ran four loops around the lake. We were both tired after a busy week and decided to make it an easy distance. We did the 5.6 km in 37 minutes and then went home and had a quiet relaxing Sunday with the boys.
My total running kilometers last week were 19.6; I also walked 5.4 km, biked a total of 140 minutes, swam 20 minutes, and did one strength training session.
Last night I sat down and planned out my exercise for the coming week - I started doing this some time ago (when I am not already following a training plan) because otherwise it seems the week gets going and then you can get ahead of yourself and "forget" to schedule exercise. This morning, the plan was to do strength training, in addition to my regular biking. Now I know that you have to change up your strength training every 4-6 weeks, and I did just finish the Sanefit program. But I am very busy this week and not ready to learn a bunch of new exercises, so I layed out the cards from the program and rearranged them into two full-body workouts. So I will get the same exercises, but will do it twice a week and in a little bit different order. Hopefully this will be enough change for my muscles right now! I am going to do do this for the next two weeks, and then I will go back to three times a week at the start of my training plan, but then with something different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That should be enough change in your routine. Even just changing the order of how you do the exercises is usually enough.
Great balance of running, strength, and cross training. Keep up the good work!
Way to go, that lake is good size!Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment