Yesterday afternoon I worked through the yoga poses I mentioned in the blog...it took me about 30 minutes to work through them at a fairly vigorous pace. The balancing ones were very challenging, and afterwards my legs really felt like they had gotten a tough workout. It felt so good to lie down in corpse pose, I almost fell asleep!
Today was a struggle. I could still feel my legs from yesterday's yoga. Not bad, like you sometimes have with strength training (you know when you can barely lower yourself down on a seat?) but definitely my thighs, front and back, were tight. My sinuses have been bothering me, I spent the morning doing errands, which I always find so draining, and I felt cold all day long. So I was really not in the mood to go swimming (and get in the cold water!) and I started mentally negotiating with myself about not doing it. I decided to check my emails before we had to go and when I saw everybody's comments from yesterday's blog, I just felt like I couldn't let all these lovely supportive people down and blow off swimming. Also, I thought there was a chance that the swimming might actually make me feel better (especially my legs). It probably wouldn't make me feel any worse. So I grabbed my bag, got the boys' things for badminton, and off we went.
I swam laps for 20 minutes, lost count of how many, but it was probably only about 16-20 because I was going slow. After a while my neck was killing me (does anyone else ever get this from breast stroke?) and the sinuses felt really bad so I just did some pool jogging for about 5 minutes and then got out.
I'm glad I did it (strengthening my "commitment" muscle!) and actually my legs did feel a lot looser when we biked home. And hopefully it will help me get a really good night's sleep and I will feel better in the morning! I need all my energy for tomorrow evening as I am joining Aisling and Oliver for a play at the Irish Institute in Leuven and we are going to go out "on the town" together afterwards - really looking forward to that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you got your swimmming in. I think the gentle swimming can be very theraputic. Your commitment muscle has gotten quite strong lately.
Good for you! I battled the same problems earlier this week...I think you found the perfect solution...JUST DO IT. Even if it is not at peak performance.
Katy
Post a Comment