What a nice surprise on the scale this morning, on day 50, I woke up to a total loss of 5 pounds. It seems incredibly slow to be working so hard for seven weeks and only lose 5 pounds so far but I have to say I am very pleased. Esepcially when I read this quote from New Rules of Lifting for Women:
If your scale weight hasn't changed but your clothes feel looser, you've hit the jackpot - you've lost fat and gained muscle, which takes up less space beneath your skin.
Woo hoo! So that hard work is starting to pay off. I headed to the gym, full of enthusiasm to do my lower body weights. I even switched out the deadlift for lunges, which I have been avoiding for so long, even though I know they are one of the best leg exercises. Then I headed home on my bike, enjoying the gorgeous, perfect sunny weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for o for trying the lunges.
Anything worth having never comes easy! Congratulations on the progress you have made so far!
1 pound in 10 days is something you can hang your hat on. In one year you will drop 36 pounds and no one will recognize you!
Also, if you are losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time you might want to measure progress in body fat %, you can get some calipers online pretty inexpensively.
Post a Comment