Yesterday I did not do the HIIT workout - we had piano lessons in the morning and then in the afternoon we went downtown to see if we could get some clothes/shoes/backpacks etc. for the boys during the very last days of the annual sales. Everyone in the family found some great bargains and got kitted out with some things they needed - except for me! Mom and I both decided that we were not going to buy anything new this year unless it was absolutely necessary. The funny thing is, we both decided this indepedently of each other and only realized it when she was here in May and neither one of us wanted to shop for anything! We were both tired of having our closets full of things we didn't wear and just decided to use up what we had. Apparently most people wear 10% of their wardrobe 90% of the time, anyway, and I am sure that is the case with me.
I haven't bought any clothes/shoes for myself since I was in Florida in March (when I got clothes for my middle son's confirmation and flip flops - have to get flip flops when in Florida!) and London in April (two measly t-shirts from Uniqlo). My one exception to the not buying anything rule is books - sometimes I simply have to order certain books from Amazon because I can't get them in the library here, despite our town library having a great collection of English novels.
So that's where we were yesterday, of course the walk downtown all by itself is a brisk 20 minutes, plus the walk back, plus the walking around while there, which I don't really count, because it's too slow and stop and go.
So this morning when I got to the gym I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, and then my upper body weights. I was doing great and was almost done with my triceps exercises when I suddenly felt cornered from all sides from a bunch of muscle guys who took every bench in sight and I just went home on my bike and finished my biceps exercises there with Stefaan who was just finishing his workout (he's doing a "mini" Body for Life for the next few weeks). Kind of fun to have someone to chat to while pumping iron!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's an interesting statistic - most people wear 10% of their wardrobe 90% of the time - and that describes me to a t!
Sorry you got pushed out by the muscle heads! Maybe next time lay your towel on a bench to reserve it for you?
Keep up the great work!
wow.. day 52! thats awesome!
I think you should suggest the gym invest in a pink colored bench :) .. what muscle bound manly man will do bench press on a pink bench :)
great job getting it done!
Post a Comment