Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back to Long Sleeves!

Well, the Easter heat wave is over - it's still nice out but back to long sleeves...at least until I get warmed up, that is! I headed over to the Finse Piste for a short, fast run. I did four loops around the track trying to keep at my 10K pace, two clockwise and two counter-clockwise, just to be fair to my legs!

After I was done I met a woman who was also running the track and had her little Yorkshire terrier tied up at the side of the track waiting for her - the little dog was so calm and sweet every time I passed him by, so since we both finished at the same time, I mentioned to her how well behaved he was, and then we got to talking. Turns out she's orignially from Tenerife and has lived here for 16 years, and also runs a few times a week in my favorite spots! Nice to know we will both be seeing a friendly face from now on...you see how running is a great way to meet people - or was that more because of the dog?

We walked a bit together as we were cooling down and then I ran home: for a total distance of 6.1 km in 40 minutes. Felt great! I sure hope this weather holds out for a while - it's been so nice for running lately.

7 comments:

Fran said...

Hey girlfriend, well done on the run. I just checked "buienradar" and here it gives a bit of rain tomorrow, Friday and Saturday but after that it's all good again.

I'm impressed with the dog. With Bella I would probably running my lungs out trying to catch her :)

I can't believe the weather now, if only we had this weather on Monday, things would have ended so differently for me.

Marcelle said...

I had to start off my run last night in long sleeves and took it off after 10 mins as then I am warmed up and no longer need it...Running tonight at 6pm and will need those long sleeves as well....lol
BRRRRRR but warmer weather is on its way _ so my hubby told me last night!

Great that you got to meet someone, none of the English speaking people living here ever contacted me after our first dinner meeting....so thankful to the German's in my street now and won't be moaning about them anymore....:)

Johann said...

Running certainly brings many friends together and Yorkshire terriers have the same ability for sure. Enjoy the weather!

Bert said...

I agree running is a great way to meet people and never a lull in the conversation as we all have something in common.

Char said...

It's always nice to meet another runner. Generally we're a fairly friendly bunch of people.

ajh said...

It was HOT here today. I think it is going to be hot on Sunday for my race and I won't be used to it!

Anonymous said...

I would like to run with a dog but I have too many cats at home and in the garden.
Crazy weather, one day warm and the day after cold.....