Thursday, April 7, 2011

Running with Madonna (and Sue)

Did anyone else see the Madonna episode on Glee? I got a huge kick out of Sue Sylvester's version of "Vogue"! She is so evil but she cracks me up...

That episode inspired me to put some vintage Madonna songs on my music player and they certainly pumped up my run today! My friend couldn't meet me, but I still ran out to the lake and back - it is just a gorgeous day and nothing was going to stop me from releasing my inner Material Girl... I did 7.4 km in 48 minutes...I only stopped to strike a pose at the water fountain, which is finally turned on again after the winter.

It's been a hectic week - older kids in exams (which means they are home half the week), a party for my 16 year old and his friends at our house, planning things for our upcoming remodeling project, trying to keep up with my husband's business trips (he's in Hungary right now and he goes to Dublin tomorrow) and getting things ready for other upcoming trips: my oldest will be going on a school trip to Poland during Easter break, my middle son will be going skiing in Austria at the same time, and while they are gone, my husband, our youngest and I will be spending a few days in Germany (Gerolstein in the Eifel region). Phew! I am looking forward to a few days of total relaxation (and no cooking, laundry or cleaning). I do plan to take my running shoes with me, though!

10 comments:

Fran said...

Your family loves to travel so it looks :) Will be nice for you to get a few days away.

I'm a total Gleek! I love the show and I love the music. After every episode I download all the music from Itunes and put most of them on my Ipod. And it inspires me too to put some old songs back on my Ipod. I did the same thing after the Madonna episode :)

Anne said...

Ah the benefits of living in Europe...other countries are not so far away :)

Loved your Madonna inspired run!

Johann said...

Wow, you really need that break! 7.4km in 48mins is great going, well done!

Giorgio said...

Your average pace was about 6 min./km. It's a good training. Madonna's music gives you motivation :)

I've never been to the Eifel region and I'm curious about that part of Germany.
I hope you'll have a beautiful and relaxing trip!

Darlene said...

Glee is something I haven't watch but plan to - I have the DVD of the lst season and have tivoes more recent episodes.

Liz said...

I love Madonna - especially the early 90s stuff. It's great running music!

Char said...

I'm not sure if Sue is the funniest on Glee or if it's Brittany. That girl does dumb so well.

I know what you mean about getting away and totally relaxing. A Mother's life is so demanding - you don't need to continue that while you're away.

Good luck to the boys for their exams.

ajh said...

No HAVING to cook is always a welcome break for me. Love the sound of your Madonna run!

Anonymous said...

A traveling family indeed. Enjoy your trips.
Music helps to run faster and easier.
My play list mainly include hard rock, rock '70 and gothic (Within Temptation. Nightwish, Epica, Tristania, Beseech, After Forever ecc).

Fudgey said...

You've inspired me to get some Madonna on my ipod. I'm running with the pussycat dolls & Lady Gaga just now.
Wow you do sound super busy at the moment. Hope you have a good few days away & get o run while you are there