Yesterday I got out for a fast (for me) 5k run around the neighborhood - I had plans to help a friend get ready for a church fair and had to get my run in early. I knew I only had about a half hour to run before I had to get ready to go and ended up stopping my watch at 32 minutes and just over 5 k!
Not having run in a whole week meant my legs were protesting a bit when I first started but by the end it felt good again. Funny how even a little break has consequences!
This morning I met up with one of the ladies who is going to do the Ladies Run 5K with me this weekend. I dropped Felix at school and ran 15 minutes to her house, and then we ran 45 minutes together on her usual route. I am so used to running mainly on my own so it was a nice change to have someone to chat with along the way. By the time I got home, I had a total of about 8 km and a good hour of running in by 10 am! What a great way to start the day!
11 comments:
Reading your blog title "run Forest run" came to mind immediately :)
Don't you just love the morning runs? I know I do. Am looking forward to my vacation when I can do all my workouts in the morning.
Good luck this weekend with the 5K.
Great running! I love running in the morning, it makes me feel good all day.
What with the summer heat, I really must try and get my runs in earlier in the morning. Whenever I do, I love the feeling after!
What a great run you had, and such a good time. You have very good muscle memory. So good to read you are back!
Other than races. I always run on my own. Now that it's getting warm, I'm trying to run before work.
Certainly some good running there, well done! I do 99% of my training alone. I feel it prepares me mentally.
Nice post. It's great to know that you've already done some good exercise before the day starts!
I felt the same after a week off running - like my legs wouldn't cooperate. And, like you, by the end they'd remembered what to do.
I know that if I don't get my running or other exercise done in the morning, I often end up not doing it. Morning runs are best! Fresh, cool air, birds singing what a way to start one's day.
That does sound like a great way to start the day. Yesterday was like that for me. Isn't it funny how when we write I went fast we feel the need to add (for me.) I do it too. I know what you mean.
I learned how beautiful is to run in early morning. After you have the whole day all for you.
Post a Comment