Today I wanted to do my easy 30 minute run just around the neighborhood to save some time, but it was pouring down rain (now of course it's reasonable out), so I hauled myself over to the gym and got on the treadmill. I decided to do it with only one short water/walk break at 15 minutes. At 12 minutes, one of my favorite very motivating songs came on ("Round Round" by the Sugababes) and I pushed the speed up to 10.5 km/hr and was able to hold onto that speed through the end of the song which took 3.5 minutes! I took a quick break and got back up to my usual tempo of 9 km/hr, which at this point felt quite relaxed. Finished up my 30 minutes with another fast two minutes and by the end had done 4.6 km altogether, sweating like a pig, but feeling great! Plus they were handing out free samples of Clarins products at the gym, so that was an extra bonus I would have missed if it hadn't been raining!
Must be the day for free gifts; I stopped by the health food store to pick up some things on the way home and they gave me a cute plastic water bottle and a free carton of soy milk!
This afternoon I plan to test out the vigorous yoga session I plotted out to do with my half marathon training (once a week after an easy run). Here are the poses I'm planning to do(number refers to pose number in Light on Yoga):
- Warm up with Sun Salutations
- Tree (2)
- Triangle (3)
- Revolved triangle (4)
- Warrior I-III (7-9)
- Half moon (10)
- Flank stretch (12)
- Giraffe (13)
- Chair (17)
- Candle (18-20)
- Extended upright foot (21)
- Dancer's pose (199)
- Corpse
....and Joy, good for you...I know you can do it!
3 comments:
Great job!
Hooray for Joy! That will be fun to do her first race with her.
How did your yoga plan go?
Jenny dragged me out running when we lived in Texas, she signed us up for the Marietta Meander 5K in Georgia, the Turkey trot here in Florida and talked me into trying a marathon, now I'm hooked on running. The world needs more Jenny's!
Good job on doing your part Amy
Post a Comment