My planned workout for yesterday was swimming 26 laps, which I did in about 20 minutes. It's hard to see the clock from the lap section of the pool (especially since I don't have my glasses on!) so that is just a rough estimate, but that's okay.
Speaking of estimates, I took Mark's advice and looked at the site http://www.mapmyrun.com/ to see if I could map the loop I ran on Tuesday. Lo and behold, it worked beautifully! I was able to map it, save it, and figure out how far I actually ran (4.45 km). How gratifying to know I ran a bit farther than I thought! This is so fun to do, and I think it will make it more motivating for me to do neighborhood runs, as one of the main reasons I like the treadmill is that you know your distance exactly. Thanks, Mark! Here is the link to my loop if you want to take a look: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/belgium/leuven/550797535
Today's plan was to do cross training on the elliptical at the gym. I picked one of those variable programs and had an enjoyable workout for 40 minutes. Tomorrow's plan is to run 5 km and do my strength workout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looked kind of like a figure eight loop! What was the #1 and #2 flagged for?
Jenny,
Those mark the miles...if you switch to kilometers, there are four of them. I didn't know what it was at first either, until I realized the #1 was right at school and then it made sense to me!
Amy,
I'm glad that the link was helpful. Sometimes I run without the garmin and use that tool afterwards. You probably ran a little bit farther than what it came up with since the program doesn't automatically follow the roads but just goes point to point. So, the more points, the more accurate it is. There are other ones out there besides mapmyrun but I think they all pretty much do the same thing.
Post a Comment