As long as I can get into a groove and have the mental space and energy to keep myself organized, everything seems to go really well for me. It's the times that I can't, that really trip me up. I try my best to do damage control but it is hard when I feel like I am running around trying to do all these additional projects and activities when the usual household jobs still need to be done, as well. So the consequence of last week's disorganization and lack of routine was that I missed two BFL workouts (one HIIT run and one lower body weights) and you guessed it...I am up on the scale this morning. AAARGH! I do know that part of my scale weight has to do with us being invited to my husband's cousin's house for an all day Belgian lunch extravaganza yesterday, and all the salty and fatty "treats" she served not to mention the wine I drank. I felt so bloated when we got home last night, it was awful! Today I have been drinking a lot of water to flush everything out, and been hitting the bathroom like crazy - I had to go three times just while I was at the gym this morning which is not normal for me at all. I am reserving judgement til I hit the scale tomorrow after a day of clean eating!
And, instead of letting it get myself down, I have decided to put my best effort into the coming four weeks. It won't be easy, we have several invitations to more typically Belgian food blow-outs, we will be having company at the end of the month and my husband will be home for another two weeks during this time, but I just have to stop letting things get in the way of my goal.
So this morning I headed for the gym to do an upper body weight workout. It went really well, I pushed myself and upped the weights on several of the exercises. I didn't let anyone freak me out! Even though there was this girl doing vigorous punching exercises with dumbbells in her hands and she just had to stand right behind the bench I was lying on to do French presses - I just kept thinking, girl, please don't drop those weights! She was very vocal too - scary! But at the same time, I was impressed with the way she dared to be different. Which brings me to a great quote I got recently from Marianne Williamson's podcast:
What someone else thinks of me is none of my business.
1 comment:
You are doing so great! In all my reading of body for life success stories and watching videos... i only remember ONE person who didnt miss a single workout.....all the others who finished missed workouts and bobbled on eats... thats why he says.. "progress not perfection" :)
so dont you worry about your misses..... just pick up and keep going...
funny about the gal in the gym...
wow.. only 4 weeks left! you are doing GREAT!
Post a Comment