Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Important Reminder for Runners

If you read my mom's blog, you will already have seen her post about the runner in Dallas that was killed when she got hit by a cyclist trying to pass her on the trail. It's so tragic - she had her earbuds in and didn't hear the cyclist coming up behind her... A sad reminder for all of us to be very careful when running with music.

I'm just about to head out for an easy run around the neighborhood and I know I will be thinking of this woman and her loved ones as I go. Also the person on the bike who must be devastated as well.

Be safe, everyone.

6 comments:

Ewa said...

This is so sad.
When I run with music I keep is so quiet that I can even hear a bicycle approaching from behind. As much as I am tempted to crank up the volume, I would rather stay safe, and I don't even run on roads.

Fran said...

Sad story.

I always run with music but not to loud so I can hear what's happening around me.

Cindy said...

Yes, sad...and please if you are the bigger one on the road...watch out for those smaller.

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! Hit by a cyclist? That is so awful :(

ajh said...

I didn't know your mom blogged!

Char said...

Thanks for your kind wishes for my race this weekend. I hope you get to race with one of your boys one day too - it's a fantastic, memorable experience.