Friday, October 8, 2010

Picture my run...

Yes, you can get a Stella before 10 am here in Leuven. Unfortunately for me, that's not considered appropriate pre-run feuling so I had to pass on by...it was a gorgeous sunny morning and I decided to take my camera with me on my run today.





This hill is my nemesis and the place where all my "hill runs" start...somehow it doesn't look so bad on the picture...






Popeye says I'm doing a great job - thumbs up! Hey, since when did he switch from spinach to ice cream?

Scary ice cream boy isn't worried - how long will it take him to eat himself to the bottom of that cone? Oh the things you can ponder while out on a run...


















This is where the run gets really pretty - fields, country lanes and lots of cows - is that where they get the milk to make the ice cream?














I love those paths that go through the fields...


















The fall sunshine filtered through the trees is lovely...


















My goal for the end of the run was to pass by the bakery to get a pastry photo for Mom...but first say a little prayer of thanks at the Buddhist temple for such a great day!

All in all it was a wonderful run. Garmin says 7.67 kilometers in 55 minutes, average pace 7:10 per kilometer and 581 calories burned! A bit slow maybe because of all the stopping to take pictures but lots of fun. What more can you ask for?

PS: this last picture is why I don't carry money with me when I run - ha ha!

9 comments:

Crafty Kelly said...

what a great post! Loved the pics - really beautiful. Good call on not carrying money! ;)

Ewa said...

Oh no, that last picture! My day is ruined. I will have to leave my money and credit cards at home too. :)

Seriously, what a cool place to run. Love it!

Hill picture taking tips (works even on flat trails): use a wide angle, get low, tilt the camera (a lot) and soon every runner out there will gasp in disbelief that you can run Mt Everest. :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Lori said...

What a pretty running route! That kid in the cone is pretty creepy, though.

I would so be in that bakery afterward LOL!

Anne said...

I loved this...what a beautiful area to run in...and that pastry mmmmmmmmm

Giorgio said...

I love Stella Artois beer. It's better than Italian beer.

Wonderful report Amy! you ran along nice paths through the countryside. Your goal for the end of the run was interesting :)

Have a nice weekend Amy!

ajh said...

Wow! And people say I run where it is pretty. You have a beautiful route!

Fudgey said...

Love your photos

Fran said...

What a great post Amy, loved to see your run in pics. And it makes me realize I should run one day with you because it's so beautiful there.

I'm hosting a virtual run for the last weekend in October. I would love it if you would join it. See my blog for the details.

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss said...

nice - I love the photos along the way, makes me feel like I was with you (although all the benefits, like the hard work, are yours!)