Friday, October 1, 2010

More motivation tips

Thanks to everyone who left a comment with advice on motivation! I decided to compile it - here are the tips that were shared:

Get in the habit of doing some exercise every day.
Write out a workout plan for the week and stick to it.
Plan out what you are going to do the night before.
Arrange to exercise with a friend.
Consider your workouts to be non negotiable.
Do your workouts first thing in the morning.
Commit to working out for five minutes and give yourself permission to stop if you really want to (once you are started you probably won’t want to quit).

Very good advice, all of it! On that note, I am off to the gym...hope you have a very happy Friday and that the month of October is a good one (it happens to be my favorite month of the year)!

5 comments:

ajh said...

Yeah for Friday. We are getting huge amounts of rain here. 4 inches last night. Still raining hard! Some roads closed but we do have school so I better go!

Cindy said...

It's a great month and someone I know has a birthday this month.

Anne said...

I could use a little motivation...this staying fit while not running thing is getting old :)

ajh and I seem to always have the same weather...crazy rain here too!

Fran said...

I saw this post this afternoon at work right before I left and copied it and printed it and it's going on my motivation wall.

Thanks!

Happy weekend Amy.

Ewa said...

Since my printer broke I will have to copy this by hand (in nice colors) and put it on my bedroom door so I can see it first thing in the morning.