A very good friend of mine has a hard time getting herself to go to the gym. So I told her my top motivation tip that really helps me not skip going to the gym when that's what I have planned: I put my workout clothes on first thing in the morning.
I know myself and I know if I put regular clothes on to take my son to school or do whatever errand I need to get done first, it is very hard for me to switch gears and change into my workout clothes later when I plan to go to the gym. But if I have them on already, I have already beat that mental barrier and it makes it much easier to follow through.
This morning I have a New Rules workout with an interval run on my schedule - and yes, I already have my workout clothes on, so I will certainly go!
Do you have a top motivation tip?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That works for me in the weekends before my long run. On weekdays I work and I can't go to work in my work clothes :lol: but I usually make sure my clothes are ready the night before.
I dont really have a motivation tip because I find it sometimes hard to go too. Best thing that works for me is not to think too much about it and just go and get it over with.
Very smart solution! I don't need a motivation tip because I run before going to work so, at that time, I don't have other things to do except ... sleeping.
Congrats for your no/10 km in Mechelen. Sometimes it happens and the routes are longer or shorter, however I trust the organization and during the race I don't use the Garmin.
No tips here.
I know that skipping even one day for me can spell a disaster of no-exercise streak so I am diligent on doing something every day.
I just need to be on autopilot and then I am fine.
I write down my planned workout schedule for the week Sunday night and if it is written I do it.
I always try to follow the running plan for the week, although day after day motivation isn't the same. We can be sure that running makes us happier :)
Enjoy your training Amy
Since I'm a sporadic and varied exerciser (that means I tend to do what I want, when I want as opposed to following a routine) My best tip is to plan what I'm going to do the night before. Then I ask myself, "Are you really going to do that?" "Really?" If I say yes, then I do what you do, when I wake up in the morning and dress for it.
I do that too! The other thing that makes me stick to a workout is if some one else is going to work out with me as well :)
I just consider my workouts to be non-negotiable. Period. No whining, just doing. If I have a really hectic time coming up, I consciously think about if I have to adjust my workout time to get it in, not think about whether I get it in.
Oh, I agree! Have GOT to do the workout first-thing or it just doesn't get done.
I plan my workouts too. One of my motivation tips is to commit to going for 5 minutes. If you really hate it after 5 minutes, then quit. But usually, I keep on going.
have nominated you for a blog award
Post a Comment