Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ever Wonder Why?

Do you ever get that when you start your workout and you just wonder why the heck you put yourself through it all, why you do it? I had one of those moments this morning when I started with my warm up on the elliptical before my weight workout. Today is a busy day and I could think of a bunch of other things I could have used my morning for, but there I was at the gym, ready to spend nearly two hours of my time getting sweaty. Why??? What the heck am I trying to prove?

For about a minute I indulged myself with the thought that I could walk right out of there and go home and do something completely different, if I really wanted to. But I guess I didn't really want to because once I got going, I totally forgot about that feeling and just did what was on my schedule, weights followed by a HIIT run on the treadmill. The mind is a funny thing sometimes, isn't it?

Hope you have a great day - even if you don't feel like it at first!

6 comments:

Anne said...

I definitely feel that way sometimes, but I remind myself of how great I'll feel when I'm done and it helps. Good job not letting your mind get the better of you :)

Fran said...

I think this at almost every first 5 minutes of my long runs so you're not alone in this.

You're a great sports for not walking out but finish what you started.

Ewa said...

Practically every time before the workout and sometimes first minutes of the workout. I never, ever regret a workout. Actually after every workout I am psyched to do more, am planning for the next one, can't wait for a new day. And then I wake up and wonder if there is a good excuse to postpone, delay, skip...

ajh said...

Good for you. I often feel that way but always feel better after I do it!

Anonymous said...

Often I have the same feeling but I learned not to listen that "voice" inside me that says: "don't worry you can do it later or tomorrow".

Johann said...

Starting my day after a run feels so much better than starting it without a run. I think of that when I wake up and know I better go run if I want to feel good starting my day.