Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Update

About the little boy found by runners: his mother confessed to killing him. She is a Syrian woman who found herself completely isolated after her divorce from her husband because she didn't speak any French or Dutch and therefore could not work and had no social network to fall back on. Still, that's no excuse, particularly in a country like Belgium where there are so many services available for all kinds of problems. What a tragic waste.

It seems rather trivial to continue on in this post with my own workouts but I did go to the gym and do the usual - I am busy with stage 4 of New Rules, and it's going well. The gym was incredibly quiet today - nice. And then a lovely bike ride home - it's been gorgeous weather here, sunny and warm in the afternoons. Perfect for washing windows, which I will do just as soon as I finish this post, have my coffee and check up to see what you all have been up to.

4 comments:

Fran said...

I'm going to wash windows too after I finished my coffee :lol:

Tragic story but as you said yourself: no excuse. She'd better kill herself in that case, the boy was taken care of when that happened. I hate it when other people decided wether their child may live or not. You hear about these things way to often.

Anonymous said...

Is washing windows part of the new rules?

This is a bad period, every day new stories of violence against women, kids and... why not... animals.

Ewa said...

I feel so sorry for the woman and cannot imagine what desperation she must have felt. In so many societies women are so brainwashed that they don't have a concept of asking for help or even expecting any.
We are so lucky to have a voice.

ajh said...

Sorry to hear that. It is hard hard to imagine a mother killing her child but it certainly does happen.