Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School Run

A bit hectic this morning because everyone was leaving at different times (the older boys didn't have to be at their school til a bit later on the first day) but I put got right back in my usual school day routine and put my workout clothes on right away when I got up and so I was able to walk Felix to school and from there, do my run right away:

Then when I got home, Gillis was gone already and Florian was in the shower so I fired up the Wii Fit and did 20 minutes of yoga. Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder - we are so happy to have our Wii back!

After that, shower, quick check of emails and getting lunch ready - kids in Belgium only go a half day on Wednesdays and I like to have a hot lunch since the boys have sports activities in the late afternoon/evening that make a normal evening dinner impossible. So it works out well, but I have to be super organized on Wednesday morning.

Because of this, going to the gym on Wednesday mornings during the school year is kind of stressful, so I prefer to make it a running day - much simpler!

Everybody came home pretty happy with their first day, except Gillis, whose chain fell off his bike on the way home and he had to walk it quite a long way! Luckily the weather is nice, so the only thing was that it made him a bit late getting home.
Now I have a ton of books to cover - bah!

5 comments:

Ewa said...

And whoever said that when kids go to school we, moms have more time has never had kids.

ajh said...

Funny that kids still cover books, so much has changed but not that apparently! Hope they all had a good first day.

ajh said...

Stop by my blog to see an award I gave you. :)

Anne said...

You're so organized...it really is true that the more we must do, the more we seem to get done :)

Fran said...

I used to love to cover my books back in highschool :)

Great run Amy and wise decision to run on Wednesday if that makes your day less stressful.

Don't you just love this weather, perfect weather for running too.