
I know it's only Friday the 3rd but it feels a bit like the 13th to me - on the way home from school this morning I nearly got hit by a bus and then on the way to the gym on my bike, I had to turn around because two little dogs were blocking the path and they seemed so aggressive I was afraid they would bite my legs if I tried to pass! So I took a different route...

The gym was really busy and my workout didn't go as well as I had hoped - I dropped the one-leg Romanian deadlifts because I have had a lot of hip pain after doing them; then I ditched the reverse wood chops on the cable machine for plain old oblique crunches because the guys were hogging the cable machine... I finished up with 20 minutes on the elliptical and it felt hard! Bah! Good thing tomorrow is a rest day.
On the up side, I was awarded two blog awards by AJH and Liz - thanks!
From AJH: the Happy 101 Award, where I need to list 10 things that make me happy. Here it goes, just off the top of my head now...

The gym was really busy and my workout didn't go as well as I had hoped - I dropped the one-leg Romanian deadlifts because I have had a lot of hip pain after doing them; then I ditched the reverse wood chops on the cable machine for plain old oblique crunches because the guys were hogging the cable machine... I finished up with 20 minutes on the elliptical and it felt hard! Bah! Good thing tomorrow is a rest day.
On the up side, I was awarded two blog awards by AJH and Liz - thanks!
From AJH: the Happy 101 Award, where I need to list 10 things that make me happy. Here it goes, just off the top of my head now...
1. Walking to school every morning with my youngest son - we have the best conversations and there is nothing better to get me awake in the morning!
2. A hot cup of coffee
3. Warm sunshine pouring in our windows (even if it does make me see how dirty they are)
4. When running feels fast and easy (rare but so cool when it happens)
5. How I feel after a run
6. A good glass of red wine
7. When you leave comments on my blog posts - always a treat!
8. When someone tells me I look great - and wants to know what I'm doing (just happened yesterday) - that's a wonderful feeling!
9. When just the right song for my mood pops up on the Ipod
10. Crossing the finish line
From Liz: the Cherry on Top Award. I have to answer the following question: if you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
I really liked Liz's answer which was basically that she wouldn't want to change anything that got her to where she is today, and I agree with this. I do think if I would change anything, I would be happier with my body than I was in my younger years, before having kids. I was so often down on myself and when I look back in retrospect, I really shouldn't have been. But those are bygones and it doesn't really help to dwell on the past, does it?
I am going to pass the Happy 101 Award on to Andrea, who will also be running the Women's Half Mararthon in St. Pete in November, and who always has such a positive attitude!
And the Cherry on Top Award goes to Bert, who is a vegan runner in Texas with South African roots, takes beautiful pictures and makes delicious looking and sounding vegan meals!
Have a great day - and watch out for busses and snappy little dogs!
And oh yeah - Yoga Today: 12 minutes on Wii Fit. A bit lame, I know, but better than nothing!
9 comments:
Here's to hoping your day improves quickly! And I am happy to help with #7... Have a great weekend!
Wow! Thanks, Amy. I am so flattered. I appreciate your always-supportive attitude and the inspiration you provide. I will gladly accept the Happy 101 award and work on sharing my list tonight. I have to say your list is pretty spot on - I agree with each of them. Thanks again!
Hi Amy, I found your blog via another blog. I love the list...a great idea.
Glad you are OK. Scary stuff with the bus.
My Friday is not so good either. I think I will help myself to #6.
Have a wonderful weekend.
I never thought about putting liking the comments people leave me but I so agree!
I carry dog biscuits especially on my bike and throw them at dogs and they do help. My friend T says I am awarding dogs for bad behaviour but some have become friends and don't bother me now.
Hope today is a better day. Love your list x
I love those rare runs where everything feels fast and easy! Great list. Glad to have found your blog :-)
Going to make you happy today by giving you a comment.
Boy did you have a unlucky day yesterday but I'm glad you're okay and nothing serious happened.
Love your list of happy things.
You wrote an interesting list of happy things, Amy! At first family, then friends, running and other things: I agree with you.
I hope you'll be happy with my short comment :) Cross other finish lines soon!
Have a nice week!
Post a Comment