I just got back from a delicious lunch out with my friend Catherine to celebrate her birthday - we went to one of our favorite places, Lukemieke, which did not disappoint! The daily dish there is always a plate with a selection of small portions of several different vegetarian dishes. Today's plate was a cucumber salad with watercress, an endive salade with pineapple, brown rice with veggies and sundried tomatoes, cauliflower with a red pepper sauce, baked new potatoes with garlic butter and a swiss chard strudel. Yum!
In the morning I got to the gym right when it opened and did my next to last workout on New Rules stage 3. I always seem to work harder when it is the last time I am doing a particular set of exercises. I made sure I took my time and did my best, even trying a heavier weight than I thought I could do for the incline chest presses - I was wobbly but I managed to do the 6 reps, and not hit myself in the head. I also had to earn that lunch I knew was coming up! So I pushed it hard for 20 minutes on the elliptical when I finished the weights, and then biked home. Showered and got ready, biked downtown to meet Catherine, had a very long lunch, and then biked home. So now I am pooped and my arms are shot. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the day! I think I just might go put my jammies on... Have a great Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope the rest of your day was relaxing! Putting jammies on could certainly make it so.
Lunchdates with friends are the best! My best friend K and I have at least two dinner dates in a year and I always love those.
Well done on the workout. You totally deserved that lunch!
Post a Comment