
This morning I had an easy 35 minutes on my plan. I also needed to get to the town hall in Leuven to pick up some tickets we won for a big international badminton tournament that is taking place here this weekend. I also had two other little errands I needed to do, so I decided to be really efficient and combine everything with my run!
This was the first time I actually have done a run through our downtown - which included running through the underground tunnel under the train station. It was actually kind of fun to dodge in and out around the pedestrians and I did get a few strange looks from people but I made it to the town hall (picture to the right) in good time, and went into the sports office to pick up the tickets.
The only downside to combining running with errands is that when you get to where your errand is, you are hot, sweaty and out of breath, which is a bit weird. But I figured that they would be tolerant about that at the sports office! After that I continued on my way, looping around the St Peter's Cathedral and back through the pedestrian shopping street towards the train station and home, doing two more small errands on my way. Here is the Garmin info - if you click on satellite, the town hall and cathedral are on the far left of my route.
This was also a great opportunity to practice stopping and starting the Garmin everytime I stopped for an errand. I was curious about how that would affect pace and the route on the map once a loaded it up. But it seemed to work out just fine.
Finally, for anyone who is interested in architecture, the Leuven town hall is late gothic and one of the most beautiful ones in Flanders - we are pretty proud of it here! It is also where my husband and I got married - nearly 18 years ago! So it was pretty fun to run to it today...
9 comments:
What a fun run!! I believe I have seen that building before... :)
It's a Wonderful historical building! I love running in the early morning through the old part of the town.
Happy running!
Great idea to combine things! The town hall is beautiful.
What a beautiful place to get married!
I always wish I could "run" errands. The only place close enough to run to is a forest preserve, and maybe the library.
Have you tried auto-pause on the garmin? Some like it - I don't use it, personally!
I use auto pause on my garmin & it's really useful especially when I get stopped at lights or like the other day asked for directions
That is a gorgeous building! Wow! I love running errands literally. It doesn't happen often, usually the only errand I can run is to go vote!
I love seeing pictures like that - just amazing. We have nothing like that here. You are so smart to multi-task while you run!
What a beautiful picture! I like the gothic architecture. When I run in early morning I feel myself the "owner of the city".
That’s a very exciting run! I love running through town from time to time just to do something different. I know what you mean with being hot and sweaty inside some place. Not always the best. The town hall is beautiful.
Post a Comment