I ended up doing 11.5 km on the treadmill yesterday, I broke it up into short 20 minute segments - after each segment I would stop the treadmill walk, stretch, use the bathroom if needed, drink water,...and then start again! By the end of 11 my feet were hurting, my bra was chafing and I decided it was enough, so I did a half a km cool down and called it a day.
After lunch we walked to the big sports hall to see the badminton finals - round trip that added another 4 km so I didn't feel so bad about shorting out my long run! The finals were very exciting - the only downside was that sitting on bleacher type seats for 4 hours meant my legs and butt were killing me by the time we left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Bleachers for four hours! Ouch!
Ouch! I hate sitting on bleachers.
So that's how you do it on a treadmill. Do you watch TV? That helps me tremendously when I use a treadmill in a gym.
Sitting on bleachers after a long run would turn me into a wooden doll.
Call me stupid but I have no idea what bleachers are :)
Well done on the run on the treadmill. Respect!
Fran, you're not stupid! I don't think I know the word for bleachers in Dutch - bleachers are the seats in a stadium or sports hall - you know, very hard and uncomfortable! Not good at all after a long run!
Ewa, I mostly listen to my music but keep an eye on the TV. The great thing here is that many programs have subtitles so you don't have to be actually listening to the TV to be able to follow what's going on.
Now I know what you're talking about and yes: very uncomfortable!
Post a Comment