
Thanks for all the nice comments on the new bike! It's a Kildemoes, a Danish company. My oldest son also has a Kildemoes and has been really happy with it. My middle son and I both have a Batavus, which is a Dutch bike company. I love my Batavus! I have the Personal Bike (see picture here above) which is a sturdy city bike. For us the bikes are mainly for transportation - to and from school, shops, the gym, downtown for shopping, etc., but it makes a huge difference when you have a decent bike. When the kids were little I had two baby seats on the bike - one in front and one in back. I still have the baby seat in back but now it holds my bag - very handy!
Today the weather is still beautiful and surprisingly warm, but it is supposed to be the last day of this for a while and I decided to take advantage of it and run outside in my shorts and tank one last time! I did five loops around the Finnish track:
Just saw the weather report and it looks like Sunday, when we have our 10K race in Mechelen, is going to be chilly and rainy! Oh no! At least I got to enjoy the last bit of summer today...
7 comments:
If anyone knows how to make city bikes it would be the Danes and the Dutch. It is amazing how many people there commute on bikes.
Hope the weather stays good for your 10k.
Our Sunday weather forecast calls for 94!!! This is crazy. Most of our summer was on the cool side and I liked it.
No chance of shorts here unless its in the gym :-)
It is pouring with rain though not too cold.
Sigh...last few days of shorts here too. I love fall though...
How funny that we're all talking about bikes these days :)
I wore shorts and short sleeves on my bike today - at least on the way home! I do love fall!
Love that bike! We can still wear shorts right now - it was 92 today. But this weekend it's supposed to cool down to the upper 70's!
Felix's bike is cool!
I have a Gazelle city bike but don't use it enough. Only to go to the gym which is 5 minutes away. I do all my grocery shopping once a week and it's too much to carry on my bike.
Good luck on Sunday with the race. I keep my fingers crossed for dry weather.
With it now being autumn, we are now getting summer like weather and I was able to wear shorts and short sleeve shirt yesterday to run.
The new bike sure looks spiffy! I love that color!
Sending good wishes for nice weather for your 10km on Sunday!
Post a Comment