Yesterday Felix and I went to see the semi finals of the big international badminton tournament being held here in Leuven. It was exciting! There were lots of Germans, some Dutch players, a men's doubles team from Singapore, a Scottish lady and an English lady. One of the German guys (who will be playing in the men's singles final today) really reminded us of Uncle Mark. Here is a picture of him and his name is Marc Zwiebler !

Today in the finals it's mostly the Germans, some Dutch and the one English lady. We are going to go see it later today after lunch. It's incredible how fast they hit the shuttle
I got up early yesterday morning and did this great yoga video from Yoga Journal Magazine for half an hour. It was surprisingly tough near the end and my legs felt wobbly afterwards. There are lots of great yoga podcasts on this site.
So now it's almost 9 am and my gym will be open soon so I guess if I'm going to go I better bite the bullet and get it done. Have a happy Sunday - hope it's sunnier where you live today!
5 comments:
What a great resource -Thanks for letting us know about it! Hope your time at the club went well!
I am not a big fan of treadmills but when it gets too hot I hop over to a gym to use their treadmills.
Badminton is not very popular here but I love playing it, without a net, just for fun. A few years ago we bought speedminton set, heavier birdies that fly even in pretty strong wind, shorter rackets. This is a fast game, great for playing outside.
No rains in CA yet. Maybe in November.
I would rather endure pouring rain than be on a treadmill for a long run. Hope it goes well!
I'm with Andrea on this, I never do a long run on the treadmill and I admire you that you do. It's way too boring for me. If you break it up what do you do in between the breaks?
It was raining here too almost the whole day till about 4 pm when the sun came out and I immediately took Bella and walked for almost an hour with her.
Badminton sounds fun to watch.
Good for you on doing the long run on the dreadmill! That's tough, but I like how you broke it up.
Post a Comment