Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grisly

Been a bit busy and just haven't gotten around to posting but as always the workouts do go on! Thursday was a hill run, which went really well, and Friday I started stage 4 of New Rules. This morning I had 14 kilometers on my long run schedule and since Stefaan wasn't interested in running so long, I got up and got out to get it done on my own:



As I was running along one of the paths that are so familiar to me, I couldn't help thinking of the runners in another suburban community on the other side of Brussels who made a grisly and tragic discovery on their run earlier this week - along their usual running path they found the body of a four-year-old boy whose throat had been slit. His body had been dumped along the trail. So hard to believe and yet it did really happen, just half a kilometer from his home, and what is even harder to believe is that apparently his mother did it. How terribly sad that such things happen, and that children are so vulnerable, even in their own families...

10 comments:

Anne said...

OMG that's so terribly tragic! I would be traumatized if I were to come upon the body of a child...

Amy said...

I know - I keep wondering about those runners...

Fudgey said...

How sad. I guess that's something you'd never get over seeing. Truly tragic

Fran said...

I've read about this boy. Must be really horrible to find something like that.

Well done on your workouts today!

And if I still am running next year and finished a half marathon by then we will definitely do the Dam tot Damloop together. That would be fun.

Lori said...

That would be a horrible find!

Johann said...

That is really terrible. I can't imagine what those runners went through. How does anyone do something like that? Really sad world we live in sometimes.

Andrea Leigh said...

Oh, what a tragic experience for those runners. And bless that poor little child. It makes me want to go wake my little monkey up and give him a hug.

Nice run! I love the Garmin addition. Very cool.

ajh said...

How horrible!

Giorgio said...

What a tragic discovery! I hope the Belgian police will find the killer soon!

Kim said...

That is just downright scary! :(